Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss, I mean Bon Jovi....

On March 2nd we try to teach the children how it is Dr. Seuss' Birthday. They love reading all of his books at this age. I had mentioned to my kids the day before, that we will have a special day and we will have some activities to do. 


As the kids come in and do their daily routines, my one little dude comes in to remind me  it was Dr. Seuss' Birthday. 


"Oh, Ms. M, it's not only HIS birthday.....It's Bon Jovi's Birthday too (in his loudest voice jumping up and down)!"


For a split second I asked myself how does he know this. Reminder: SPLIT SECOND....


Right away I remembered how his mom LOVES Mr. Jovi (she's very excited to be going to his concert). So, Mom comes into my room and tells me about the party in the mini van her and her son had on their way to school in the morning. 


I love how my kids tell me things that they would also tell their parents. It's times like this, that remind me, I am doing a great job. If my students can tell me things that they are telling their parents, not only am I teaching them, but, I am impacting them as a "friend" for later on in life. To me, this is why I chose this profession. 


Thank you little dude for reminding me of why I am here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment