Thursday, March 3, 2011

What do your parents do for work?

Our Social Studies Unit today was about work. Different kinds of jobs. For a little background knowledge, I asked my little monkeys what were some jobs grown ups do? I get the following answers, Doctors, Lawyers, Teachers... all the basics. I had not done this yet this year, so I went around the class and asked each child what their parents did. Many of my students dad's work as "Computer Fixers". I also got, "My mommy helps kids".

My twins... I asked one of them what did their daddy do?

"He kinda has two jobs." His brother is shaking his head aimlessly!

"NOOOOOO.....he's a preacher."  While the first twin in continuing on... "Daddy mows the lawn and picks up dog poop."

Meanwhile, I'm trying to contain my laughter. Because, in some ways twin 1 is correct. So, I take a deep breathe and blow my giggles out and reply....

"You are correct in some way and so is your brother. Daddy's job is being a Preacher. But mommy also gives daddy other jobs. (I'm laughing so hard just writing this post that I know it's not all coming out the right way. I may need to repost later).

"Yeah, you're right Ms. M... I told you, daddy has two jobs."

Meanwhile, I see the boys parents after school and literally RUN to them to tell them the story. I have such great parents that they laughed as hard as I did.

3 comments:

  1. Loved it! I re-posted this to our face book! xoxoxo- Xio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeannette Rivera-LylesMarch 3, 2011 at 9:59 PM

    Ha, ha, haaaa!! This is so funny. I don't know which job is harder, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe....it was so funny. I really really really tried not to laugh. He was so serious about it. I'm still laughing.

    ReplyDelete