Thursday, March 10, 2011

Please Loose My Clips

In our classroom, I have a behavior management where the kids have to move their clips to various monkey colors. I have "bad" clip moves and "good" clip moves. If I catch a child doing well, they move their clip to blue. At the end of the day I will give them a monkey sticker to take home and it's a big deal.


There is always a flip side. If a rule is broken the child must  move down to yellow and they of course are not happy about it. If a clip is moved once they have a 5 minute time out at recess and if it gets moved again, they loose their play center time at the end of the day. IT does not stop there. They also have to call their parents and tell them why they lost play centers. Not the happiest of all moments in our class but "tough love" as I call it has to happen.


The other night, I had a parent e mail me.  Her son layed himself down to sleep and began to pray with his mom:

"And Lord, I pray for Ms M. for her to loose her clips so she can't make me change it when she gets mad....amen..."


He then opened his eyes and giggled.


 I don't know why this made me laugh as much as it has.  They are so cute at this age and pretty soon they will forget my name. I hope they read this someday and see how cute they are at this age and how much I do love them as their teacher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment