Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ms. M gets BUSTED!

Behind my rainbow table (I call it that since it's like a shape of a rainbow and it's easy for the kids to understand what table I want things), I have a playdough play center. The kids can just make and do what they want during this time. It's fun for me, because this is the only time during our day when I can actually listen to my students be 5. 


We have this black thing on the top of our classroom. Since we opened our school, we have told our students that this is a camera that our principal can see what we are doing in our classroom. (I'm really not sure what it is, but a camera it is not, I teach at a public school).


Well, the boys were arguing about something and I usually have them work it out during this time. Play centers is a time to be social and problem solve.  I hear, "I'm not your friend anymore."  "That's fine, I'm not either." 


Curious as to what they are talking about, I turn around and ask, "What is going on? You are always friends in this classroom, no matter what. We are family and we must like each other."


Student 1: "Well, he pushed me."
Student 2: "No I didn't."

Me: "Well, I didn't see anything but I'm sure that if someone did do something the other one is sorry. Let's just let this one go and tomorrow is a new day."
Student 1: "Wait, Ms. M, that thing up there. It's a camera right?"
Me: "Yes"
Student 1: "Well, you can go to the principals office and replay the tape and see, he really did push me."
Me: Speechless.......(remember, there is NO camera and I couldn't believe he remembered it....I haven't mentioned this since November!!!)
Student 1: "Yeah, she's gonna see the tape (looking at his friend) and she's going to know you weren't telling the truth....."
Me: Looking at student 2: "Do you need to tell me something before I look at the tape?"
Student 2: "Um, I'm sorry?"
Me: "Thank you, now go tell your friend and we will go home."
Student 2 to Student 1: "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for pushing and I'm sorry for not telling the truth."
Student 1: "Well, I'm gonna go with Ms. M and still see the tape!"
Me:  **Frustrated** "I don't have time to see the tape  today.. I have to drive to Tampa. He just said he was sorry so we're done here....


I just could NOT believe that they remembered the "camera".  I almost busted myself....he was really going to follow me to the office to see it. 

1 comment: