Thursday, October 27, 2011

Jack Hartman

Everyday since the first day of school, I have a little boy who always says to me, "Ms.M, I miss my mommy."  I always told him he'd be okay and that we had fun things to do. Well, last night at conference night, I was happy to let his mom know he was doing better at this.

Today was a special day. We had Jack Hartman (all of you teacher KNOW who he is), come to our school and have a concert for our kids. It was the most amazing day of my teaching career. It was like seeing a superstar for me. When he played Tooty Ta, I jumped up and down and danced with the kids myself (I know, geek). 


The concert ended and we were walking back to the classroom. I look down my line and see my little one about to burst out into tears. I hear, "Ms. M,"


Me: Yes.
Student: I miss.... Jack Hartman
Me: My heart melting.. "I know, we had a good time. Don't worry, we're going to play his CD all day today and have a great rest of the day."

Such a HUGE smile appeared on his face.



What a great day we had. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment